Wednesday, July 22, 2026

Mother Of All Jokes

 

Photo from Free Clip-Art Library 

 

Dan worked hard day and night, but he couldn't afford to send his wife to the beauty parlor each week. 

"We just can't afford it right now," Dan explained. "We have bills to pay and groceries and clothes to buy. We have a car payment and the kids need money for braces." On and on Dan rattled off all the bills. 

Finally his wife yelled: "Okay, okay, I get it."

Dan felt bad. "Listen honey, you have a lot of time on your hands each day. Why don't you get a part-time job and earn some money to go to the beauty parlor?"

His wife liked the idea. For one week straight she left her home and went to her job for a couple of hours. Dan was very proud.

Then one night Dan heard police sirens. His wife came running into the house wearing a mask and holding a bag of stolen money. "What in the world is going on?" 

His wife slammed the front door closed. "Well, you told me to get a part-time job, remember?"

"Yeah," Dan nodded his head.

"Well, you know how good I am at cleaning?" his wife exclaimed. 

"Yeah, yeah," Dan said as police cars pulled up in front of his house.

"Well, I've been going around town all week cleaning out every bank I could find!"  

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.