Peter wanted a raise in his allowance. "Dad, I really need the extra money buy a new bike!"
Peter's dad thoughtfully rubbed his chin. "If you do some more chores I'll give you five extra dollars a week," he tried to make a deal.
"But dad, I need the new bike now!" Peter complained. "It'll take me forever to save up the money."
Peter's dad thoughtfully rubbed his chin again. "Okay, if you wash my car, I'll give you the money you need."
Peter smiled. "Wow, dad, I can do that. You bet!"
Peter took off to wash his dad's car. An hour later his dad found him playing video games. "Why aren't you doing your chores? I thought you needed money for a new bike."
"Well, dad, I tried. But I couldn't finish washing your car."
"Now, son, that's all I told you to do. You shouldn't be a quitter. You have to roll up your sleeves and put some elbow grease into your work. Now, do you want your new bike or not?"
"Yes, but--"
"No excuses!" Peter's dad fussed. "Now you get back outside and finish washing my car right now!"
"But dad, I can't," Peter insisted.
"Then you don't get the money you need for your new bike." Peter's dad announced and walked away.
Peter sighed. "Gee, what a time for mom to have to go grocery shopping."

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.